Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Art - Dali

Dali is fun to study because, frankly, anything goes.  The picture does not need to make any sort of sense since he painted from his dreams.  Kids can really get behind that.  That respect him for that, as if he was painting on their level.

If you are in the area or plan to be, check out the Dali museum and their lesson plans before you go. I would love to do that with my kids, they are museum hounds.

I picked up a used copy  of Imagine That that covers Surreal artists like Dali, Ernst and Kahlo.  Besides a short biography it also gives you 2 art ideas for each artist.  I love that because even if one craft doesn't work for you, the other might.  So you don't have to skip that artist just because you can't do that craft.  I also used a Salvador Dali book so the kids could see what his other art looked like since there was only 1 picture in Imagine That. 

My kids loved this craft.  Loved. They had so much fun and were laughing the whole time.  Its a fairly easy project.  You just need magazines, paper, scissors and glue.  And your imagination. 


This is why I keep every magazine that comes through the door.

Don't you love the monkey pooping?  Why is poop so funny?


I love how Joe added his name in true Dali style.


No comments:

Post a Comment