Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Book Review

I finally got a little more time to read this month.  I was able to finish American On Purpose by Craig Fergusen, Star Trek Memories by William Shatner and Can We Come in and Laugh Too by Rosetta Schwartz.

American on Purpose was a great book.  Craig Fergusen is by far one of most favorite comedians.  He is down to earth and doesn't put on airs.  Its an autobiography about he went from Scotland to host The Late Late Show.  He was honest and funny.  His language might set some people off but if you have ever seen him work before you know everything is laced with profanity.  Its not that he does it to get a rise, its just the way he talks.  It was a quick read, sadly.  And its a good book to read if you just got done with something serious.  I much enjoyed it.

I admit it - I am a Trekkie.  Star Trek Memories by William Shatner was great.  I loved it.  Its not that the authors were phenomenal but I loved it because I love the subject.  It was only about the making of the original Star Trek series.  I was sad when it ended, "But where is the rest?!"  And wouldn't you know it but I went to the thrift store 2 days later and found...dat da da Star Trek Movie Memories!  Yay for me!  It started up where  the original book left off.  I enjoyed all the behind the scenes stories, the practical jokes, and the secrets.  It also has a bunch of pictures, which was fun to look through.

Can We Come in and Laugh Too really disappointed me.  The tag line was "Growing up in a zany family of 10" but there was barely anything in it about her life in a family of 10.  The vast majority of the book was about her adult like, her husbands, her kids.  Which is fine, but not at all what I was looking for.  Its a cute story, good for kids too as it was not long and was easy to read.  I got it for free and am glad I didn't pay for it.

Don't forget to check out what everyone else is reading at 5 Minutes for Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment