Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Recipe Review: Caramel stuffed Apple Cider cookies

I found these I think on Pinterest.  They look so yummy in the picture.  I love the apple cider in the recipe and buy it in bulk from Costco.  So why wouldn't I make this?

First off, use the parchment paper.  I repeat, USE THE PARCHMENT PAPER.  Second, I used Krusteaz Sugar cookie mix and added the cider mix to it.  Refrigerate prior to baking to best results.  I also used caramel bits instead of the candy kind.  I bet that made a difference.

Use Parchment or your cookies will look like this!
These taste like Candied Apple.  They will stick to your teeth.  Be warned, not for people with crowns. My kids apparently don't like crispy cookies, and they are crispy.  Kinda like a rock.  My oldest liked them, but I don't think she ever met something made of sugar she didn't like.  Needless to say we probably aren't gonna make these again.  They aren't for everyone, but if you like crispy cookies and caramel that sticks to your teeth, have at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment