Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Art Monday: Van Gogh

Today we learned about Vincent Van Gogh.  If you click on the link you will be taken to a page full of power points and videos about the artist.  Easy for kids to follow along and geared towards them. 

You could do many different crafts in the style of Van Gogh.  We did 3.  I had them geared for the different ages of my kids.  The younger ones I printed out pictures to color: the famous Starry Night and  Sunflowers.  For the middle kids I had them do a diorama.  For the older kids I had them do a tissue paper craft from Classified Mom.  

This is how they all turned out:

Flowers and Vase with blue background in tissue paper on card board.

Diorama with construction paper floor and walls.


We had to wait for everything to dry before we can put it up on the walls.  My 5 yr old is a perfectionist who is never happy with his work.  He will often ruin it after he is done because he didn't do it perfectly.  And my boys who are 10 and 12 just do not have the patience for such intricate work like the tissue paper one.  So keep that in mind when you are doing it with your kids.  My middle kids loved the diorama.  I suggest using cardboard and stapling it to the floor then gluing it down because the people kept falling over.

No comments:

Post a Comment