Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

PSA: Donate Blood...Rescue a Dog

There a lots of suffering kids at the Children's Hospital.  Its so hard to walk the halls and hear kids crying.  I look at the people that work there, and how compassionate they are.  I don't know how they do it.  How they get up each day able to face those kids without breaking down all the time.  I am so grateful for all the drs and nurses, they are truly special people.

I am also grateful for all the people who give blood.  My husband and I both did our best through the years to donate when we could.  I would do plasma and my husband would donate blood.  Now we have a face to put to it.  And what a cute face it is.  When you donate blood you are saving the life of someones child.  My child.  He is smart and cute and sweet.  Yesterday he made me a Valentines Day card.  He smiles everytime I walk in his room.  Someone made that possible.  Thank-you for donating.

There are volunteer dogs that come to the hospital.  Yesterday we got to meet a dog that looked just like ours. A cute male setter mix named Mallory.  He was the sweetest dog, laid down on my sons lap and fell asleep.  Honestly one of the most gorgeous, nicest dogs I have ever met.  And this poor dog was abandoned twice.  The volunteers adopted him from a rescue.  I looked at this dog, imagine twice being abandoned, thinking how crazy people are.  But then I realized, if they hadn't given up that dog, if that dog wasn't there to be rescued, we wouldn't be sitting there petting him.  Marveling at how awesome he was.  The volunteer said she was gonna rescue dogs from now on, because of him, how great he turned out to be.  My son was thrilled, he smiled and smiled.  He misses his dog, it was nice to have a reminder of what waits for him at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment