Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

You don't know how strong you are

...Till you have seen your weakness.

I never thought I would be doing this, taking care of my child with a terrible disease.  Hoping and praying he lives.  When I saw others go through this I would imagine for a moment what I would feel and it would overwhelm me.  I always thought God would never let that happen because I was simply not strong enough.

In the days after the diagnosis I kept saying I didn't know how to do this.  I didn't know how to be strong.  Then I looked at Liam and knew I would find the strength.  His spirit is strong, but his body is weak.  If his spirit can be that strong when his body is that weak, surely my spirit can be too.  I will be his strength when he doesn't have any of his own.  When his hands hurt from the steroids I will be there to pick him up.  When he cries and is sad because he hates his meds I will smile for him.  I will have the strength because he is my son, and he needs me to be.  I will be strong and I will fight for him.

This might be both of ours greatest weakness but in it we will find our greatest strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment