Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bad Timing

I have weird kids, I am convinced of this.  Normal kids you ask what they want for Christmas and they can rattle off a list a mile long.  Not my kids.  Well save for the 10 year old.  The rest of them have no clue what they want and would probably be happy with just about anything.  I asked my 6 year old what he wanted and he said he didn't know.  "How about some coloring books and crayons?"  Sure sure.  "How about some sheets?"  Ok.  Really?  A 6 yr old is fine with sheets?  They are weird I am telling you. 

So I went to the mall to find a gift for said 6 yr old, the one thing I knew he would play with.  Phineas and Ferb plushes.  I had already gotten Phineas and Ferb and needed Agent P and Perry.  Well we get to the Disney store and they are all sold out.  Sold out of EVERY Perry there.  Even the ones the are like 2 feet tall.  Ok, they  had 1 left when we got there and someone else snagged it up before we could.  So we were given a code for free shipping on their website so we could get it there.  We decide to leave and what do we find?  The mall is closing.  At 6 pm!  Less than 3 weeks before Christmas and the mall closes at 6?  Well no wonder why the economy is in trouble.  They won't let us shop! 

We still had an hour before we had to pick up the rest of the kids so we decided to go to some stores outside the mall.  My 5 yr old wanted to go to "Barns and Ovals."  You know, Barnes and Nobel.  So did I but my daughter and the dh wanted to go the thrift store.  So we went there instead.  Which I guess was ok, they had vhs tapes on sale for 50 cents each.  Yes, there are people who still watch those.  They don't get scratched or broken as easily.  We lost 2 dvds this week because they broke! While we were there I found a book I had already bought my daughter for $5 and they had it for 99 cents.  I don't think I am doing really well on my shopping lately.  Its a good thing we don't have much money, its much less I can screw up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment