Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Zombies and Fruits and Colds

I always have a listening ear out for what my kids are doing.  For one thing I can tell how much trouble they are in by the sounds they make.  Silence means its really bad.  But I also get some great blog fodder from them.  For instance, they were playing Zombie Reindeer the other day.  Complete with using one of the babies toys that have bells as the reindeers bells.  I went and asked them if the reindeer were zombies, does that mean Santa is a zombie too?  My 6 year old laughs and says nooooo, then he thought about it and said, "Oh I guess he would be."  If anyone needs some story lines for zombies my kids are full of them.

I'm not sure if this is a point of pride or if my kids are just weird, but lately my 5 yr old has been playing Fruit and Vegetable world.  Its a game he made up all on his lonesome.  He draws me pictures of this world, the fruit and vegetables are alive.  Maybe he thinks if he humanizes them for me I won't force him to eat them.

My 3 year old has a cold.  It started with a sore throat, but he didn't know what the problem was.  He said his mouth hurt.  I asked him to show me where so he opened his mouth and stuck his pointer finger back and said "Right here."  Of course it sounded more like "Whahahh Hhhhheeee"  I grabbed a flashlight to take a look and noticed it was red but there were no spots or swollen tonsils.  I told him he probably just had a virus.  He wasn't convinced so he took the flashlight and said, "let me see."  and stuck it in his mouth.   Poor thing woke up a few hours later with the worst cold. 

1 comment:

  1. Kids are so cute! I LOVE them :) I have two of my own and they really do come up with the funniest things to say and do sometimes. So sweet :) Have you tried probiotics with your kids? Just wondering bc we give our kids a chewable called Belly Boost to help boost their immunities - maybe this will help yours too this winter! Sorry to hear about the little one's cold - no fun :/ Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete