Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Scrub a dub dub

We don't have normal conversations in this house.  There is never a "How is your day?"  or "I think I will go sit on the sofa and read a book."  No, its always "Why is there bread in the towel drawer?" 

Yesterday I had a great conversation with my son.  I was so proud of him, it happened after he returned from the bathroom. 

Ds: I had to wash my hands twice.  Cause you know. 

Me: Why?  Cause you peed on them?

Ds: No. 

Me: Cause you pooped on them?

Ds: No.

Me: Then why?

Ds: I had to get a toy out of the toilet.

Me: There was a toy in the toilet?  Which one?

Ds: A tank. 

Me: Did you put it in there?

Ds: No, I just went in there and saw it in the toilet.  And the worst part?  I had already gone!

Me: Ewwwww.

Ds: Yea you don't want to know what it feels like to stick your hand in a used toilet to get a toy out.

Me: I already do. 

I am so proud of him that he reached in there and got it out without calling me to do it.  Thats responsibility right there.  No word from the other kids who stuck the toy in the toilet.

I hope you weren't eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment