Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hope

Last year I told the dh that for the first time in years I had hope.  Hope for the future, hope that the new year would actually be better than the previous.  You might think I would have been wrong.  Given all that has happened in the last 2 months.  But I was right.  I do have hope.  I have hope for the future, that this year will be better than previous.

Wiki defines hope as: the emotional state, the opposite of which is despair, which promotes the belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life.

I have hope that my son will walk again.  Because if I didn't have hope that means I expect him to never walk again.  While he might not, I refuse to give up.  He deserves more than just for me to say its too hard, too painful, too heart wrenching.

I have hope he will go into remission because the alternative is well...just too awful to imagine.  I refuse to see my son's cancer take him.  I know its possible, we are battling a deadly disease.  That left to its own would mean sure death.  But I have hope, I have to have hope.  For him I have to have hope, for his brothers and sisters.

I have hope, not despair, for the future. That there will be positive outcomes in all the events and circumstances in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment