Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Battling Morning Sickness

I have tried every trick in the book to deal with my morning sickness.  From keeping snacks on the night stand to eating beans and upping my b12.  Nothing has worked.  I have learned that I can not drink coffee, sugar makes me gag and sleep helps.  But nothing works to relieve it.  I spend weeks 6-14 or so in bed.  Even sitting is difficult.  Its not just throwing up we are talking about here.  Its like having the flu 24/7.  I am fatigued and my head swims.  I can barely function. 

But this time I did something very smart.  I am proud of myself.  I thought ahead.  I made freezer meals before the morning sickness hit.  I had 10 lbs of cooked and seasoned chicken, 10 lbs of taco meat cooked and frozen, 10 lbs of regular ground meat cooked.  That lasted me about a month.  I was nice to not have to think about what I was making for everyone when even looking at food made me ill.  When I had no energy and needed food NOW I could just grab a some chicken, microwave it and be eating in 2 minutes. 

Not only when it came to food, but I also made sure all the kids school work was all ready for them and done before hand.  I did everything I could as soon as I found out I was pregnant, because I knew a day would come that I would do nothing.  And I was right.  Planning ahead means a win against morning sickness.  It might have kicked my butt, but I showed it whose boss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment