Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I just want them to be happy

But that is hard when I have conversations like these with my children. 

My 3 yr old, in a whinny voice, asked me where his zippered pajamas were.  I told him we didn't have any zippered pajamas.  He said he wanted some, and again I told him he didn't have any.  So he told me, "Well go buy some then."  Buying zippered pajamas, when he already has about 4 pair of pajamas just isn't on my list of things to do.  But I do want him to be happy.  I guess I wish he were happy with the pajamas he already has. 

My 8 yr old brought me his history and asked for him.  The first thing I did was ask him if he had read the page yet.  Cause, of course you aren't gonna know what to do if you haven't read the page.  The look on his face spoke louder than any words could, but then he added, "Why do I have to read my history?"  Oh I don't know, so its easier to do the assignment?  How can you make a time line of Little Big Horn if you haven't read about it first?  Maybe I should have acted it out for him.  Heaven forbid he end up on an episode of JayWalking on the Jay Leno show.

No comments:

Post a Comment