Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Oh the Irony

Irony: an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

I have been going to bed at 11 and getting up at 5. And thats not straight sleep either. I have been tired, and probably pretty cranky too. So the other night the baby was out at 8:30 and was still out at 9. I thought, 'nows my chance, I am gonna get some extra sleep'. So I went to bed. I was especially excited that he slept through his diaper change. I thought I was gonna get a great night sleep. I was out immediately. Then I woke up at 3 am. I went to the rest room and got a drink. I laid back down and couldn't sleep. I heard people out front talking so I went to check it out. Just the neighbors. I think they sleep less than I do. Laid down again and still couldn't sleep. I then realized it was my stupid body thinking it was time to get up since I normally only get 6 hours of broken sleep. I tried to reason with myself, I am trying to get more sleep here. Not get up earlier. Finally I put a pillow over my head and thought happy thoughts till I drifted back off again. Didn't exactly get the great night sleep I was hoping for.

I closed the vents in my bathrooms. Figuring they didn't need air conditioned, lets push that air into rooms that do need it. A few days later I noticed not only are the bathrooms not any warmer they are cooler than they were before and cooler than the other rooms in the house! How does that work? What should I turn of the ac in the rest of the house too? And that extra air I was pushing into the other rooms? Haven't seen no extra cool air around here. Nope, I don't think that worked the way I hoped it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment