Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Bitter Homeschooler's Wish List

I have an infected impacted wisdom tooth.  So, since I am going through my day with only the thought, "Ow it hurts." running over and over again I will have to leave you all with someone elses thoughts.  Secular Homeschooling Magazines' The Bitter Homeschooler's wish list has just about every thought I have ever thunk when confronted with anti-homeschoolers.  I especially like #11.
11 Please stop questioning my competency and demanding to see my credentials. I didn't have to complete a course in catering to successfully cook dinner for my family; I don't need a degree in teaching to educate my children. If spending at least twelve years in the kind of chew-it-up-and-spit-it-out educational facility we call public school left me with so little information in my memory banks that I can't teach the basics of an elementary education to my nearest and dearest, maybe there's a reason I'm so reluctant to send my child to school.
I could probably add to the list if my brain was not lodged inside a tooth right now.  I think the throbbing is my brain trying to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment