Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Whats on my Night Stand or Book Review October 2011

Once again joining 5 Minutes for Books for their monthly Whats on your Nightstand post.

This month I read The 101 Most Influential People Who Never Lived as well as The Broken American Male.

101 was rather annoying.  It was written by a few different people so as you went from one fictional person to another the writing style changed.  One was even written from a dogs point of view.  They also interjected political opinions into some of the essays, and not in any way to enhance their essay.  It was just cheap jabs, and I didn't appreciate it.  However, there was some good information in the book and it was a fun and easy read. Out of 5 stars I would give it 3.

 The Broken American Male is a must read even if you don't have a Broken Male in your home.  I learned just as much about myself as I did men in America. His respect for women is refreshing, I wish every man could read this book and realize what true respect is.  As a parent I walked away with great ideas on how to help my boys become wholesome men and not broken men.  A great book.

For next month I have already started on Spoken from the Heart by Laura Bush, and hope to fit in  Adventurous Women.  Spoken from the Heart has so far been very enjoyable.  I was actually sad she had to leave her childhood and grow up.  It was simple and beautiful, calm.

2 comments:

  1. What a bummer on The 101 Most Influential People! It sounded like a really interesting book.

    Happy November reading! I hope the Bush book is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far its great. I am half way through and its one of those books I will be sad to end.

    ReplyDelete