Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

We went on a Field Trip

And school hasn't even started yet.  We couldn't resist.  Its so hot in Phoenix we had to leave town to cool off.

If you are ever so inclined Sharlot Hall Museum in Prescott, AZ is beautiful and very educational. There are several buildings and they frequently have Living History presentations there.  Of course we had to check out the one room school house.  Its about the size of my dining room.  If my family were to have gone there we probably would have had to build an addition.  We took up the whole place.



And today we are building $100 million dollar schools.  I will refrain from commenting *cough*.

I loved the Heirloom Garden.  The kids really want to do their own and I might have to let them, cause its really cool.   I do have to say all those hours spent watching documentaries has finally paid off.  I knew what Heirloom seeds were and could explain it to my kids.

And I had to get a picture of the period shoes they had on display.  My one foot is bigger than their two.  Either they just had small feet back then or we have all turned into Hobbits.


Of course there was the Rose Garden with the Sundial, the Koi Pond and the crab apple trees, and we can't forget the mummified mouse.  Sorry, no pic of that, you will just have to go see it for yourself.

So glad to be going into the fall season.  There will probably be many more trips like this in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment