Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Word Families

You learn them when you are starting to read.  We have flash cards to teach them.  But as adults, experienced readers we tend to gloss over our words, reading them to fast and missing the little things.  

I texted my mom to ask if she wanted to go shopping because I needed a new Griddle.  She was excited to go so later that night we were at Kohls together.  My daughters took off to the clothes and I told my mom I was gonna head to the kitchen section.  She said, "I thought you were here to buy a Girdle?" Of course we had to see if it was me who misspelled or her who misread or if my autocorrect got me.  Here she was excited to go buy a Girdle and I wanted a Griddle, something she is not excited about seeing as how she does not cook.  

Those word families will get you every time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment