Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our Exciting Adventure to the Chiropractor

It was a very interesting day.  Started out we just needed to go down town to the chiropractors office.  So dh suggested we pick up donuts on the way.  Sounded good to me.  We get our donuts, of course its a bit late at 9 am so they were out of the kinds we wanted but whose gonna turn away a donut? We ate what they had and were on our way again.  Not a mile away dh had to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting a thief running across the street.  The guy was so intent on stealing that satchel he didn't even see the traffic. Honestly, I was more scared someone would rear end us more than I was worried we would hit the thief.  Our van has awesome brakes.  All the drivers on the street were watching this guy run away and no one had any idea what we should do.  So we drove away.  We would have had to cross 6 lanes of traffic to get to him, and then what would we have done?  Approached him?  He obviously had shown no regard for his own life let alone someone elses.  We could have called the police.  Oh yea, that would have done alot.  I can see this phone call to 911.
Me: "He ran down that street!"  
Operator: "What street?"  
Me: "I don't know.  That one over there." 


Besides, on the occasions I have had to call 911 it hasn't been fruitful.  Oh the joys of living in a big city. I sure hope that satchel was filled with dirty diapers. 

We went ahead and saw the chiropractor.  Kids were thrilled to go to the big buildings down town.  Soon the idiot on the road was soon forgotten. I am thinking their donuts were way more exciting to them than the guy on the road anyway.  We headed to the library down the road after our appointment.  We were having a blast.  I got great ideas for the kids rooms, if we ever own a home again.  My kids were checking out their books.  I had settled down to nurse the baby when what do we hear?  BEEP BEEP BEEP  Is it wrong that my first thought was 'Oh great! What did my kids do now?'   Then I heard the librarian say, "Ok everyone out, thats the fire alarm."  Oh gee this was serious.  Heres a good test of your parenting skills: walk swiftly with 8 kids, a stroller and about 200 other people out of large building with numerous exits while a siren is blaring.  If you don't loose anyone you pass the test.   I pass!  The kids did not run in opposite directions, they were scared but calm.  I was actually pretty impressed, kept waiting for a disaster. 

And all we needed to do was see the chiropractor.  That'll teach us not to make all these elaborate plans.  So does that count for a fire drill? 

No comments:

Post a Comment