Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Peace

I went to Walmart with only 1 child last time.  It was a little odd.  I was much more aware of people staring than I normally am.  I know we as a family always get a lot of stares, I try to ignore them.  But out by myself I was sure to be ignored.  I guess when you are pushing 2 carts around, a pen hanging out of your mouth and murmuring beneath your breath people tend to notice. 

I also realized when it comes to shopping the dh is much more organized than I am.  If I don't have the list written down in the order in which I am going through the store,  I will miss half the things on the list.  Good thing I had my oldest with me, she ran around to all the things I had forgotten. 

What really struck me though, about shopping alone, is how peaceful it is.  Yes, pushing 2 shopping carts around for 90 minutes through a Walmart is peaceful.  I had to call the dh to ask about some products. All I wanted to do was finish grocery shopping.  Instead I get to listen to a baby crying in the back ground, dh explaining to our 2 yr old you have to wait for the previews to be done before you can start the movie,  the dishwasher going, the movie playing and the dog was barking.  I think I might have even heard the bird chirping, he was likely complaining about the noise level.  What should have been a 30 second phone call was 5 minutes long.  When I hung up, and listened to the relative silence around me,  I breathed a sigh of relief.  I am so going grocery shopping alone again!  That was AWESOME!  And remind me not to fear those sales calls.  One second of listening to that background noise and they will never call back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment