Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Review: Children: Blessing or Burden by Max Heine

I was looking for some up lifting books to read this year.  After hearing so many negative comments both by well meaning family members and complete strangers I needed something to keep me going.  One of the books was Children: Blessing or Burden Exploding the Myth of the Small Family by Max Heine.  I wasn't exactly looking to learn anything, I was just wanting someone to validate my views and opinions.  What I got was an eye opener and complete turn around in my thinking.  Yes, it validated everything I believe in and then some.  It took the Bible to a whole new level for me. 

At first I thought it was just going to be another preaching to the choir book with Bible verses and commentary.  And there is Biblical references throughout the book. But what really surprised me was the real world application of why following those verses was so important.

I am sad that this book has not been updated and revised.  There is so much that is out of date.  Even though there is still some information in the book that  is out of date, it is still relevant.  Especially because what Heine expected would happen, actually happened.  Which I think gave him even more credibility. 

Since this was so good I will be passing it on so someone else can enjoy it.  In the New Year, when I have a few bucks for Media mail shipping I will be offering the book during a give away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment