Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Punch Drunk

Between the heat and the lack of sleep we might be getting a bit punch drunk over here.  For 3 days in a row I could not even let the kids out on the back porch in the shade where temperatures were hovering around 120.  Yes, In the shade.  We have been cooped up in the house all week.  I guess it would be like if you were snowed in, but even when I lived in NY that never happened so I have no one I know to ask.  This week the dh was gone too, and our van was borrowed, and we had no money.  So even if I wanted to go out I couldn't.  And since I was alone I did all the work myself, which meant at least when I couldn't sleep at least I had something to do.  But I do have to laugh at some of the things that were said this week.  Pure comedy. 

I shared some of my Coke with my 3 yr old, you'd think I just gave him a blank check to a toy store.  My 11 year old looked at me and said, "I don't think you should give him any more."  I asked her why, not cause I didn't know cause I wanted to hear her say it..."You will make him hyper."  No need for me to explain myself, my 3 yr old took care of that for me when he said, "I am already hyper!" He is too, without the coke I mean.

Then at the dinner table my 12 yr old and I were discussing the attributes of the various kids.  My 7 yr old in particular.  He has a glowing face, always smiling and has the nicest skin tone, hes very healthy.  My 12 yr old said, "His cheeks are great for squeezing."  So I replied, "He does have punchable chunks."  I meant to say 'Pinchable Cheeks'.  My bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment