Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolve

In an attempt to be transparent and hold myself accountable not just to myself but to all my readers, I read a book yesterday.  100 Years 100 Stories by George Burns to be exact.

Okay, one book is not exactly "reading more" but its a start.  If I could read a book a day I could not only surpass but decimate the goal I set for myself of 1 a month. Yea it wasn't an earth shattering, learn something new each page, motivate me to the core book that I *should* be reading.  But it did make me laugh.  Oh how I laughed.  So I took care of 2 resolutions at once.  Now I don't recommend reading this book to your kids as a bedtime story but it is funny.  If you are looking for an easy and quick read, maybe something for the bathroom shelf for your 2 minute trips there, this would be a great one to start with.  Perhaps not great for the work site, I can just imagine would people would think to hear you in the stall next to them laughing hysterically.  It might make them a tad self conscious.

I bought the book yesterday and finished it within hours.  I figured Saturdays would be a good day to read.  And I was right.  The Dh said I should have bought 3 or 4 books cause I guess he knows me.  Next month however is the VNSA book sale and I hope to find enough books there to get me through the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment