Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm going to be an aunt

I could shout it from the roof tops. I have refrained from jumping up and down. Mostly cause I don't want to scare people. I can't remember the last time I was this excited.

I tried to form an explanation for why I am so excited, and I don't think its something I can put into words. Its just celebration of life. Not just a new little person being born but all that is life. The living that is being a parent. My brother will experience all that I have experienced. He will know the joy and love first hand. And for that I am so excited for him. Yes, he will also know the sleepless nights, the worry, the heartache, the sorrow. But in that there is joy too, that you even get to experience that. So many would give anything to have that, just so they could have the other. Yes, he gets to experience it all. Oh and he will be a great father.

I am also excited because my kids will have a cousin. So far that luxury has escaped them. Its about time someone else in my family got busy in the baby making department. I have been working overtime here! With 5 brothers you would think by now someone would have kids. Now they will have another baby to love on and hold. Maybe they won't fight over mine so much!

I will be an aunt, and I have longed for that. If this is what being a grandma is like, then I can't wait. I get to watch a belly grow and see a baby come forth. I get to love on it, spoil it then send it home. While my brother gets the sleepless night...Oh wait I get that too. Oh well maybe they will have a girl. If not then my little man will have someone to play with. Holidays are gonna be a blast!

I don't know their position on birth control or what their plans for their family are. Shes catholic so I am kinda hoping the stereotype rings true. I hope they make lots of babies. You can be sure they will have me and mine giving them encouragement, uplifting them, defending them, loving them, supporting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment